At Tregoze, we believe personal, social, and health education (PSHE) and citizenship enables children to become healthy, independent, and responsible members of society. The spiritual, moral, social, and cultural development of each child prepares them for the opportunities, responsibilities, and experiences of adult life. We encourage our pupils to play a positive role in contributing to the life of the school and the wider community. In doing so, we help develop their sense of self-worth and teach them about how society is organised and governed. From foundation stage until year 6, Tregoze follows the Jigsaw PSHE programme.
Jigsaw PSHE will support the development of the skills, attitudes, values, and behaviour, which enable pupils to:
- Have a sense of purpose.
- Value themselves and others.
- Form relationships.
- Make and act on informed decisions.
- Communicate effectively.
- Work with others.
- Respond to challenges.
- Be an active partner in their own learning.
- Be active citizens within the local community.
- Explore issues related to living in a democratic society.
- Become healthy and fulfilled individuals.