Physical Education (PE)
Tregoze Primary School understands and values the importance of physical activity and sport. The children are encouraged to undertake a range of sports and activities both within the Physical Education (PE) curriculum, at playtimes and also in extra-curricular activities
At Tregoze Primary School, we believe that every child should enjoy a range of experiences within PE and sport. Through our curriculum, extra-curricular clubs and active opportunities, we promote positive attitudes to health, exercise and wellbeing, the development of physical skills and a love for being active and having fun.
During PE lessons, children follow a curriculum that aims to equip them with the essential abilities to realise their potential, and enjoy long-term participation in physical activity and sport. Teaching and learning focuses on the main building blocks for every sporting action, gross and fine motor skills, spatial awareness and thinking skills.
At Tregoze Primary School, we aim to:
- Provide opportunities for all children to achieve their full potential.
- Acquire and develop skills in a range of physical activities.
- Promote positive attitudes towards health, hygiene and fitness.
- Promote physical activity, physical development, and a healthy life-style.
- Develop positive attitudes to participation in physical activity.
- Develop healthy competition, with a sense of fair play and sportsmanship.
We value the opportunities that children are given to participate in a growing range of after school activities, clubs and teams as well as their PE curriculum. Sport is celebrated through successful school teams participating in a range of sporting events at Inter-Team competitions throughout the year. Children are also given opportunities to compete in intra-school competitions when representing their house.